Re: LF: XGJ, NA, XES and DRP (Feb 21/22)

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: XGJ, NA, XES and DRP (Feb 21/22)
From: Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 02:37:34 +0000
Cc: [email protected]
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 02:38:34 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Markus,

   Thank you for the report.
I am now experimenting with a new keyer that will allow me to mix different
qrss and cw speeds - so probably some new errors as I learn the programming
features!

--
73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ
FN42hi

From: [email protected]
Dear John, Warren and Joe,

last night, strong TA signals from XGJ, NA and XES appeared on the grabber screen. The phase masurement on John's carrier looked like this (same parameters as yesterday):

The results of the CT1DRP phase display in the Eu-grabber panel during the last 24 hours are not quite clear to me. There seemed to be a systematic, slow colour cycling (about 360 deg/hour "clockwise") on both DFCW frequencies (22:00-22:00, 2 min/pix, 2 hour ticks):

I first suspected that the 0.1 Hz software modulator used to split up the 136318 Hz GPS line might be inaccurate, however this would have caused equal but opposite phase roll on the two frequencies (one too high, the other too low). So it looks to me as if Brian's frequency was 2E-9 low on average, but then again, this doesn't really make sense for a GPS locked TX. Could it somehow have to do with the DFCW switching?

73 and best of luck

Markus, DF6NM