Re: LF: keying

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: keying
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 03:15:35 EST
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:16:28 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 25/02/2006 21:05:04 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
Hello Mal,

QRS doesn't work with a "pure" USB port. Unlike the serial and
parallel port the lines of a USB port cannot be used as "switch
signals" (or at least I haven't found out how to do so), it are real
communication lines.
However there should be a simple workaround: a USB to RS232 adapter.
This adapter includes some hardware and software, the last making "to
believe" your PC that there is a RS232 port. These adapters cost about
20 Euro in the shop and I've seen them as low as 5 Euro on flea
markets.
I don't know if someone already tested one of these adapters with QRS?

73, Rik  ON7YD

Hello Rik / Mal.

Yes,   I use my laptop with MMSSTV  PSK31 QRS  etc.  So far, all  work well using a USB to serial converrter.

73

David   G0MRF