Re: LF: TA 12 JAN 06

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TA 12 JAN 06
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:18:21 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:18:19 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Uwe,

I would expect our local conditions to be much better tonight. We are then expecting rain on Friday and Saturday nights, but it's unclear whether the storm will have lightning. We keep getting these offshore storms that are fairly severe out over the water, and close enough for the noise to affect our reception.

John A.

[email protected] wrote:

Zitat von Jay Rusgrove <[email protected]>:

Local thunderstorms...very little copy. Occasional bright spots
indicates propagation may have been good. One meager capture:

http://www.w1vd.com/gallery2006.html

Jay, W1VD

Thanks Jay, thanks John,

vy "meager" results using 700W output, ie abt 0,9W ERP. 800W LF output would be
the next step. but
1. FS measurements using the equipment of our Radio Control Station
(Bundesnetzagentur) located in my vicinity showed that 800W output means
  a few mW more than 1W ERP
2. I guess it doesnt help making the step from "meager" to "fat" on your screen.

Regards
Uwe/dj8wx