LF: Another special callsign: SP0TPAX

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Another special callsign: SP0TPAX
From: Marek SQ5BPM <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 23:56:58 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:58:00 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LFers,

I just received information that I can launch the LF station using another special callsign: SP0TPAX, commemorating 80th anniversary of first (confirmed) international and intercontinental QSOs made by a Polish amateur. The one was Tadeusz Heftman, who has been using TPAX callsign at that time. I've been slightly busy last weeks and didn't plan any special activity on 137, nevertheless I will do my best to launch the LF station since tomorrow afternoon at the latest. All contacts are highly welcome, more detailed information about the special callsign can be seen at http://www.qrz.com/callsign/sp0tpax .

I hope that these special calls bring some life to the 137 kHz band, even if the station here is far from being perfect. I must add, that last times the old fellow - faulty insulator/connection in the nearby 15 kV power line got enormously loud, so it might happen that when it starts sparking, I may go QRT - because of getting totally deaf in terms of copying LF signals. My apologies in advance for that.

73! Marek SQ5BPM