LF: Re: QRS.EXE

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: QRS.EXE
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 22:59:35 -0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 23:04:57 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Gary there is another possibility. I am not sure whether it occurs on your
laptop of not but it might be worth a look with a scope. I have a computer
(not PC :-)) ) whic is a small 80C85 laptop it does not latch the data to
the parallel port, It relies on the printer accepting it when it is declared
"valid" by the control pins. The result is you may only get a blip on some
of the pins. I would have thought the control pins might be latched but not
sure.......I found a lot of noise on the pins between strobe pulses.

Probably well wide of the mark but worth looking for as I suspect the use of
this method is to keep the power consumption down. The serial port on my
machine works fine.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK