LF: K0SM - VE7SL

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: K0SM - VE7SL
From: "Steve McDonald" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:03:24 -0800
Delivery-date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 19:04:14 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

An HF to LF crossband was completed last evening between myself and K0SM,
Andy Flowers, in Lincoln, NE.
The distance between our stations is 1412 miles. Andy, using his 80m trapped
sloper to receive on LF,  transmitted on 80m CW (3577) while I was on 2200m
(137.7772) at QRSS30 and listening on 80.

The contact took place between 0445Z-0616Z. Andy had been watching the
strength of my beacon signal all week and called last night to say it was
strong enough for a QSO attempt, which went off without a hitch. A screen
capture of my first transmission to Andy is available.

If anyone else is interested in a crossband attempt, please let me know as
conditions seem very favorable at the present.

Steve / VE7SL / CN88 Mayne Island, BC