Re: LF: toothbrushes

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: toothbrushes
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:33:58 EST
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:34:35 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 04/11/2005 16:57:25 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
Im hoping to erect a reasonably large but lightweight temp 60m vertical here
in the near future but need to keep the insulator weight down to the minimum
- I see toothbrushes have been used in the past at the 400W level (?) but Im
going to be around that level and concerned over corona _ive made some
lightweight corona rings up but still concerned. I dont think Im going to be
able to top cap load so looking like something around 365pF and perhaps
>3.5mH to resonant

Any pointers and thouughts - yes its a helium lift
Don't compromise on the section joining the balloon to the wire.  I recall someone hitting the key for the first time and then seeing a puff of smoke and a kite flying unattached towards the French coast.

I think with a seriously high vertical the high voltage problems will be minimal. - That's not the case with a small vertical where the end voltages are huge!

Good luck!

David