Re: LF: DF6NM...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DF6NM...
From: Marek SQ5BPM <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:47:08 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:49:04 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello everybody,

Thank you, Markus for a nice QSO, at the beginning your signal was audible enough for a CW reception here, it degraded later though.

I am a little surprised with the strength of Loran lines this year. Last year they were barely visible and only at times, now it's a well audible clicking, almost all the time. The only change in the SP5ZCC station is the length of the horizontal part of the T antenna used also for reception (now ca. 160-180m of horizontal part). That shouldn't have made that big difference(?).

The grabber is running until the evening today at http://sq5bpm.sp5zcc.waw.pl/grab , I will probably come to the club to launch some CQs in the afternoon. I am not brave enough to launch the transmitter remotely, however I could do it from home as I have a remote VNC access to the PC used for LF, through a wlan 2.4GHz link ;) I hope that the next version of the LF transmitter will be better, so it can be (almost) safely remotely operated.

73! Marek SQ5BPM

[email protected] wrote:
Dear Dave and Jeff,

many thanks for the reports, and also thanks to Marek SP5ZCC for the nice QSO we had a few minutes later.

Yes, there's a GRI 6731 line on 137698.7075 - these are rather weak here in the hinterland so I tend to forget :-( I actually may have caused the same type of difficulty for Marek when I transmitted on 137706.0 - his grabber shows a regular pattern of Chayka (GRI 8000) lines every 6.25 Hz.

Last night that West Coast NPG was visible for many hours, up to 1.5 µV/m both on 135925.1 and 975.1 - fascinating stuff indeed.

73 and best wishes
Markus, DF6NM

In einer eMail vom 15.10.2005 22:54:04 Westeuropäische Sommerzeit schreibt [email protected]:

Your dot frequency is right on one of our horrid Rugby Loran lines near
137700. If you QSY 1 or 2 Hz HF your signal would be in the clear in the UK.