LF: Hartmutt's NPG plots

To: "Lowfer \(LWCA\)" <[email protected]>, "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Hartmutt's NPG plots
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:34:21 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 22:35:34 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Scott. the NPG plots from Hartmutt show and interesting point. The signal is
starting to build at a time when the ground shadow is between 1000 and
1800km east of the transmitter. That means the 100km altitude level is not
in darkness for about 3000km to the east. It suggest that in good conditions
the signal can be launched into the darkness zone up to a hour of more
before sunset. We have to remember that this is an east-west path and as
such will be different to your Pacific path to Make and the boys at Quartz
hill. However it does throw a lifeline to us in the UK suggesting that there
may be more time available under favourable conditions.

Thanks for flagging this up.....given its frequency slot I did not think we
would be able to see it in Europe. It will certainly be interesting to find
out how long the path does persist.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK