LF: G3XIZ Chris lone voice in the wilderness.

To: LF group <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: G3XIZ Chris lone voice in the wilderness.
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:09:30 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:12:41 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all

Chris is right there is not enough activity to keep the interest of any casual listener. I have tried to enthuse others to get on to 136 but it is the activity thing that is high lighted as being the reason to not trying the band.

For local working to G3XIZ 8 or so miles I get 599 reports on about 10 watts fairly typical of 160 metres. So this is the way I am trying get people to have a go on the band. Start with lowish power for local and then hopfully get the bug. During a visit to another amateur in the town who was showing his new ICOM, I asked if it was any good on 136. We tried it and guess what, there was G3XIZ calling CQ. I am hoping Saun will have a go on 136 in due course.

Thats all from me hopfully there will be a bit more activity other than QRSS.

Vy73 to all. Pete M0FMT / G8FMT.