Re: LF: met balloon

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: met balloon
From: "Dr. Oliver Welp" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 01:19:38 +0200
Cc: [email protected]
Delivery-date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 00:20:41 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal,

your balloons probably were a bit old, they become porous with the years. But that is no problem, you just have to cook them a few minutes in boiling water (no joke!) and they are fine again - even after many years. We never had problems during our activities (DL0ART/am) except once when we probably didn't stir enough...

HTH, gl, Oliver (DL9QJ, N3NSF, ex DL0ART/am team)

http://buene.muenster.de/darc/artob/homebale.htm

--
[Dr. Oliver Welp, DL9QJ, N3NSF
[email protected]]

hamilton mal schrieb:

Hi All
I got a couple of met balloons a while back and decided to inflate them for LF airborne activities but it was a big disappointment, although new they seem to be porous and the gas escaped within a couple of hours. Perhaps met balloons are porous so that when they achieve the object they deflate and drop to earth in a short period of time. Where can I get a big ex govt barrage balloon? 73 de Mal/G3KEV