LF: Info on Loran transmitters

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Info on Loran transmitters
From: "John W Gould" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:20:10 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:20:54 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Following discussion at yesterday's Spectrum Forum meeting it was agreed
that the RSGB would send in a formal complaint.  I've been actioned to
prepare a draft.

Grateful for detail of the spec that the Loran transmitters are expected to
meet, any known precedent where in specific circumstances where this has had
to be improved upon, and any view on whether the spurii is likely to effect
other LF users (apart from amateurs).

My intention, unless others have a better plan is to ask that additional
filtering be incorporated and that aerial installations are carefully
maintained to avoid the rusty-bolt effect.  Can anyone comment on whether
any other services within the LF spectrum area are likely to be effected,
i.e. are we likely to be able to call on support from operators of other
services?
73 John, G3WKL