LF: Litz wire available

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Litz wire available
From: "Dave Pick" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:56:18 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:58:03 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dear all

I have a roll of several hundred metres of rather nice silk(?) covered litz
wire to dispose of. This is from the estate of a silent-key amateur whose
wife wants any money raised to go to a cancer charity.
The wire is at least a hundred strands of very fine enamelled wire with a
total outside diameter of just under 2mm. It was made by "The London
Electric Wire Company" for use in 85kHz equipment so it should be pretty
good on 136.
I have posted some pictures so that you can count the strands!
http://www.wireless.org.uk/litz.htm This looks ideal for winding reasonably-sized loading coils as it isn't as
fat as the ex-Puckeridge wire, I will be making a new coil with it soon!

If you want some please get in touch and I'll measure it out and post it to
you. Remember that any monies will go to charity, I suggest about 10 to 20p
/ metre plus postage.

73

Dave G3YXM.

[email protected]