LF: Re: 135.93KHz station stops modulation...

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 135.93KHz station stops modulation...
From: "McAlevey" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:25:22 +1200
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 09:26:56 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Just noticed that the unknown station believed to originate in California
has stopped modulation and >has a steady carrier on ~135.93KHz.

73 Scott

Scott,

do you have an accurate frequency for their carrier? For many years we used
to hear a Californian RTTY station near 136 kHz. It fell silent some years
back and I assumed it was dismantled. Tonight I see carriers on -5 and +45
Hz relative to 135.93kHz. There is also a strongly audible 50Hz shift RTTY
signal centred on 135.95 kHz tonight.

I seem to remember there was a Hawaiian one near 146.0 in those days too.

Mike ZL4OL