RE: LF: Re: FLASH: new west coast signal in 2200m band

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Re: FLASH: new west coast signal in 2200m band
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 08:08:05 -0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:08:41 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Im winding up the remote rx in AK, if it still available and let you know what I can see.

LAurence

From: "Steve McDonald" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re:  FLASH: new west coast signal in 2200m band
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 08:50:47 -0700

These guys are most certainly out west here somewhere but they are way down
in signal strength this morning. Last night they were S9+ while this morning
around S2 with a long slow QSB. Scott's D/F puts them either N or S of
Vancouver. There has been a joint US-Canadian naval exercise this week off
of the west coast of Vancouver Island with a dozen large warships involved.
I'm wondering if this signal is American, from Washington state.
I'll get a bearing on it today with the 10' loop.

If Scott and I disappear then you'll know we've figured it out:-)

Steve / VE7SL

Web: "THE VE7SL RADIO NOTEBOOK" at   http://www.imagenisp.ca/jsm
[L.F. Loops] [Tuna Tin DX] [H.F. Maritime DX] [Crystal Radio DXing]
[2200m Band] * NEW [CQ Crossband - 2200m To HF] [NDB DX] [Boatanchors]