LF: Re: Class E amp

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Class E amp
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 15:05:27 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 21 May 2005 15:05:59 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal, the values in the spreadsheet have been tested by simulation in
Simetrix and by practical builds by Joe VO1NA and Mike GW4HXO, also Finbar
EI0CF (and I think a few others). It looks as though there may be a "typo"
in the Tonne site (as "m" is next to "n" on the keyboard....mF would be
milliFarad really !! despite the old English usage as mF to mean microfarad
and mmF for "puffs").

I have only considered single ended configurations for simplicity (and I
hoped, to curb the FET-popping which seemed a feature of the p-p designs).
Fritz Raab in his book details p-p designs and other configurations or
tuning which give the same conditions. The only problem is that I suppose
you could say Class-E is a "narrow-band design"

Cheers de Alan G3NYK