LF: RE: Re: RE: Re: Re : tests.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: RE: Re: Re : tests.
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 20:28:03 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 May 2005 19:28:19 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal,

It was a while ago I sent that e-mail & still havn't got round to sorting
the 136 antenna although I am part way there as I have started constructing
a 5 spoke spiral (larger diameter than the previous 4 spoke spiral) so as to
be able to "basket weave" the spiral. I did some experiments in a smaller
test format & found that there was more inductance with basket weave
arrangement over the double spiral when using the same amount of wire.

It is true about the dummy load versus antenna situation but it did enable
me to bench test the modified PA first.

Jim's phase meter is an excellent device for LF & as Jim pointed out it can
be used at the transmitter or antenna end without any differences in
readings so it is great for setting up the tuning remotely from the shack (I
have my variometer motorised). By the way Mal, I did modify my LF antenna
very good match.

I don't have any spare diodes, I purchased my BAT85's from CPC Plc in
Preston (part of the Farnell Group) so you should be able to get the BAT85's
over your side of Pennines from Farnell (they were 27 pence each).

I have recently been stripping out the bathroom & I am almost finished
tiling & refitting (it's been 20 years since that room was touched) so I
hope soon to be able to devote more time to the hobby.

Regards,

Gary - G4WGT - IO83qp

Web : http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor