Re: LF: LF and JT65

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LF and JT65
From: Marek SQ5BPM <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:25:32 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
[email protected] wrote:

Forwarded on behalf of Andy Talbot G4JNT
Re JT65 and LF

[...]

Some years ago, Alberto introduced us to Jason, but even that is an
incoherent mode and doesn't make the most of the LF path. But if the error
correction capabilities of JT65, were used with a reduced synchronisation
vector allowed for by better frequency accuracy, and with the tone / symbol
spacing of Jason we may be geting something formidable.

    BUT it is still incoherent.[...]

Some time ago I sent to the group information about Olivia mode, which already uses an interesting error correction scheme. This mode could be possibly re-worked for much lower bandwidth and throughput, some extra possibilities of coherent reception could be added as well. Subsequent tones do not need to overlap as they do in original Olivia, if it's to be used with non-linear power amplifiers.

One could also start with Jason and add the error correction used in Olivia...

73! Marek SQ5BPM