LF: Re: SXA

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: SXA
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 18:36:18 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Gary I think you are refering to the Greek Naval station at Marathon (??)
We have had contact with them (I am not sure but the call-sign I have is
SXV) and the actual transmission is USB on a sub carrier about their
registered frequency. I noticed a few days ago they seemed to have drifted a
bit low, I assume they have adjusted the sub carrier generator.frequency.
This 100Hz moving around is quite normal for this transmission. When I was
trying to monitor them a few years ago to try and get propagation
information I had to keep checking their frequency, to make sure they were
still in the RX passband. By way of comparison my CFH receiver has not been
retuned for 18 months.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK