LF: Re: W&G SPM-12 and PS-12 for disposal (dynamic range ?).

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: W&G SPM-12 and PS-12 for disposal (dynamic range ?).
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:36:24 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Alan,
selective level meters usually operates with 60-70dB difference between the
strongest and weakest signals, and I've never found any problems with them at
work when this is bore in mind. But of course, it is not the situation for
amateur radio operation, and of course they have no agc, and no pre-selector.
Just wonder if you've seen any paper about dynamic range for such instruments?
The other problem is that the pitch for cw signals might be 1800Hz and some
modification might be important because you uusually need a 700Hz tone for
manual reception of cw signal. How to modify the D2006 is shown on my site, and
some other modifcations has been discussed earlier on the reflector

73 Jan-Martin
LA8AK