Re: LF: TA APR 4/5

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TA APR 4/5
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 21:36:31 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Hartmut, the plot I have for CFH last night is very interesting. I think
the shock front from the coronal hole arrived about midnight or slightly
later. CFH went off air for a period around 2400z be when it can back
received levels were subject to a lot of very rapid "flutter fading" like
you report on Joe. I think this may be due to the shock front exciting waves
in the ionoshereic layers which "resonate" with many different "modes". This
is the first event where I have a signal log of the effect taking place. The
shorter period oscillations seem to die out first, which has the effect of
showing a steadily lengthening fading period as the days pass after a
collision. This idea is pure surmise and may be totally wrong, but after
this event I must say it looks convincing. Plot attached above

Cheers de Alan G3NYK