Re: LF: low long wire as TX-antenna???

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: low long wire as TX-antenna???
From: WE0H Mike <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:26:20 -0600
Sender: [email protected]
Couldn't imagine how strong your signal would have been if you would have used a big loop in those tall pines. Oh well so many what if's...

--
Mike
WE0H

Laurence KL1X wrote:

I had a 500m wire strung at 5m on screw into wood insulators thru the forests of Alaska, straightline - unterminated but matched and tuned against ground. I could get the same amount of aerial current than my big L/T, abt 3.5A for 300W but Im afraid it was some 10dB down on the L/T array at 50miles in all directions. Could be the thick forest, could be the ground, could be the...it was also down on DX receive too towards Eu when looking at DCF39.

I could start rumbling on about loops but heck I should have used one up there...

Laurence KL1X EM26AQ in Okie.