LF: RE: Re: Re : tests.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: Re : tests.
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:48:25 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal & LF,

I am using the G0MRF 300 watt Tx but since blowing several PA mosfets I
decided to carry out the M0BMU PA mods using the original toroid & I can now
run a cool PA up to 650 watts into dummy load bench testing. I put it on air
into antenna & started with 280 watts & on following tests gradually
increased to 420 watts (still cool) with antenna current up to 2.3 Amps it
was at this time I got corona/arcing on the spiral top load so I stopped
tests until I have the time to lower the mast & carry out a visual
inspection of the area of arcing so as to effect a cure. I suspect that I
may have too little clearance between the spiral & the metal fixing
hardware, an inspection will be carried when work & family permit.

Regards,

Gary - G4WGT - IO83qp

Web : http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor