Re: LF: Re: Locator program

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Locator program
From: "captbrian" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:57:25 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
I do not tell others what to do but it has never been clear to me why radio
amateurs need a separate system for defining geographical position from that
used by the rest of the population  unless it is designed to create
something for people to collect.  Lat Long tells everything to everyone with
a definition of as fine as one chooses to use decimal points of minutes of
arc. With a GPS I can discern the difference between the front and the back
garden of a suburban house. What more?

Bryan