Re: LF: Lavender Grabber

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Lavender Grabber
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:16:42 EST
Sender: [email protected]
Dear John,

funny thing... after some fiddling I figured that the PC's audio subsystem had apparently lost a single sample in a stereo pair, to the effect of exchanging left and right channels. Consequently, azimuth directions and phase corrections were reversed, and brightness proportional to the turnstile loops' signal instead of the E-field. An ugly but typical example how the SNR on these loops is gradually getting worse and worse, with the ever increasing number of switchmode power supplies in the nearby neighbourhood. In the end I had to use the usual fix (ie. restart Windows) - you can't turn your back on these machines, not even for a couple of minutes ;-).

Many thanks for the report, it's good to know that someone is watching out there...

73 de Markus, DF6NM

[email protected], 27.02.2005, 17:46:01 UT:

I don't know how long this will last, but if you want to see how lovely the
LF noise can be in Germany, check out Markus' screen grabber:
http://members.aol.com/DF6NM/Grabber.htm

John A.