[LW] mobiling in South Texas

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: [LW] mobiling in South Texas
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 06:38:25 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
137Khz stations XES, XFX, XGJ and XDW were received at dot 30/Argo last night here in Port Aransas at around 2100 cst. Port Aransas is just North of Corpus Christi on the Gulf Coast. The mobile set up, IC706Mk1 and L400 LF Engineering Eprobe on a quad mag mount We couldnt stay awake for West coast US signals. DCF39 was readable on Argo but not strong, and certainly not audible last night here.

John says its about 1700+ miles to XES/XGJ from here. We had some qrm from internals that made some signals M copy only. Lightning QRN was audible but not above S5 pks.

Laurence
KL1X/M