Re: LF: EU BEACON

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EU BEACON
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:35:40 EST
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LF Group,

it's a quiet and cold night, no wind, the antenna is up ... might as well feed it! Will run my usual 200 W (should be ~400mW ERP) from 22:00 to 8:00 or so. Frequency below Uwe perhaps  922.1/.2 DFCW, or any other free pair if that should be in use.

Uwe, I'm not quite sure about coil safety - the main risk seems to be E-field burns and arcing. The magnetic field in my indoor variometer (about 1600 A/m) is way above the recommended exposure limit of 5 A/m, but I have not felt any heat sensation when carefully approaching the coil with my hand from the "cold" side. But I do feel a lot more relaxed since the setup is covered by a plastic basket - it prevents our curious and "radiophile" cats from sneaking in and getting burnt.

Hartmut, your signal reports and images are really motivating - excellent stuff.

73 and good luck
Markus

In einer eMail vom 06.02.2005 19:54:11 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt [email protected]:

DJ8WX will be on the air the coming nights. mode QRSS60, QRG 135,9224kHz.

BTW. Markus, the coils dont get warm not even lukewarm(4mm diam. wire)
but for fear that old Tessla would be active I stopped the transmittings.

regards
Uwe/dj8wx/jo43sv