LF: Colour-DF software for MS-DOS

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Colour-DF software for MS-DOS
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 05:51:57 EST
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Group,

triggered by Alex' question about spectrogram software for non-Windows computers, I have finally gotten around to write up a brand-new page of documentation and publish my original Colour-DF program for MS-DOS.

If you are running Windows OS and want to have a mature and stable solution that works, I would definitely recommend Wolf's excellent implementation in SpectrumLab at http://people.freenet.de/dl4yhf - I use it every day, with great pleasure.

However if you still like to run an old 486 machine and are willing to fiddle around with DOS command lines and SoundBlaster drivers, or if you are simply curious about the inner works of FFTs and like to get lost in spaghetti-style QuickBasic and Assembler source code, then it's all there for you at http://members.aol.com/df6nm2/ColourDF/CAS1F.zip (88 kB). Yes, you have been warned ;-)

73 and best wishes
Markus, DF6NM