Re: LF: Re. VO1NA

To: RSGB <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re. VO1NA
From: Joe Craig <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:31:35 -0330 (NST)
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Laurie, Group,

Sorry, I wasn't monitoring at the time. It looks as if I missed another
chance for TA QSO unfortunately.  I have been in the beacon mode for the
past few days.  A "K" following the call sign indicates that ARGO is
running and FFT'ing for a reply near 135.922 kHz, otherwise it's beacon
mode.

This morning, I checked the RF power and current into the coax (I now have
the tuning network at the end of the wire aerial and fed with coax).
Both were very low.  Fortunately, the aerial survived the freezing rain
last night-- at least it is still in the air, bit there is still something
wrong and the TX is now off the air.  I expect the usual battles with
mother nature in keeping the beacon running this winter.

73 Joe