Re: LF: West Coast NA activity...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: West Coast NA activity...
From: Mitch Powell <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:55:47 -0500
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]

Looks like the previous QSO between Mitch and Larry was QRSS. Not sure if they made it after this using CW.

Hi David:
Let me add to the confusion  ! !
Larry and I had our QSO at some variable speed between QRSS1 and QRSS 3 - in other words we were
both using a hand key and mentally counting the dots and dashes as " 1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi -
so, you get the idea. The timing was variable, and dependent on how much adrenaline was flowing at the
moment - ha!
In addition the software we were using was SPECTROGRAM - which was necessary as the signals
were close to the noise level at that time of day ( mid-afternoon ).
Both stations were using single FET amplifiers, running between 50 and 75 watts input and using hand keys.

Scott and Steve certainly can claim their first CW (  audible ) QSO.
Congratulations guys...... and I'm pleased to finally copy Scott on 137 this morning.
I have previously copied Steve when he has been on "the island".

How are the dogs David ?

73
Mitch