LF: Conditions, WX and Propagation... De VY1JA

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Conditions, WX and Propagation... De VY1JA
From: "J. Allen" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:25:45 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Pat, and LF,

Extending the subject...

In Canada work ABOVE a certain line on a weather map and below a line on the thermometer can combine to stall work.

It is ~-51C (-57F) here this morning in our high mountain valley, about 6 C degrees colder than Whitehorse, only 25 minutes from here. Family vehicles will not start, even with added help from electrical heaters wrapped on their battery, in their oil and in their coolant so my son does not go to work.

On another subject...
The intensity, size and shape of the Auroral halo look as they at year end when very excellent TA propagation existed to East Coast NA stations.

J.