LF: VO1NA 11 Jan; Gamma Ray Burst 27 Dec

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VO1NA 11 Jan; Gamma Ray Burst 27 Dec
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:02:54 EST
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Joe, Johan and LF Group,

last night showed an uninterrupted and moderately strong trace of VO1NA between 00:00 and 07:30, above a relatively quiet background. Only dashes could be resolved on my slow 0.021 Hz resolution FFT - the capture was taken at 0400.

After Johan's note, I searched for impressions of an SID on saved SXV and CFH traces which could have been caused by gamma ray burster SGR 1806 -20 on Dec 27th, 21:30:26 UT. Nil here - not surprisingly, as the source was 50° below the horizon in Europe, incidentally near the sun. It had been observed by several North American VLF monitoring people - perhaps someone on this list can find it in past spectrograms of part-5 lowfers?

73 de Markus, DF6NM

In einer eMail vom 05.01.2005 17:29:56 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt [email protected]:

>> I found this on another reflector and thought it might
be interesting to the LF prop gurus. 73 Johan
http://aavso.org
Click on the "GCN #2932" button for the SID plots.  Very interesting.<<

JPEG image