LF: Re: DI2AG QRO-Test

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: DI2AG QRO-Test
From: "Walter Staubach" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:28:02 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Tom,
        thanks for your report. The 9.1dB might be exactly. The antenna
current increased from 0.9 to 2.5A, gives 8.87dB.
There is still a little more power in reserve, up to 3A.
ON6RR also reported a lower fieldstrength now compared with the beginning at
new year.
When I began the QRO-transmitting last night the output voltage was 80V with
2.5A, after 2hrs transmitting only 60V with 2.5A.
??
The amplifier is commercial broadband up to 150MHz with 200W out, very
linear. I did not yet measure the power consumption, but it seems to be
rather high. Although the heating is switched down in the night, the shack
was cosy warm in the morning ;-)
73   Walter