Re: LF: Antenna plans de J.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Antenna plans de J.
From: "J. Allen" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 08:06:37 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Alex,

Thank you for the fine feedback in both of your messages.

The antenna is in a flat mountain valley far from any trees, but it has a long low house running from about 7 meters to about 27 meters from the base of the vertical tower. Other buildings and wiring are rare and farther away. The site is very "open" other than the one close house. There are no other towers or antennas on the site.

I understand that the effect of the environment is impossible to calculate, but is there a general direction that the environment moves the resistance... does it normally move the resistance up from the calculated values or its it sometimes up and sometimes down... What is the experience that most LF operators have found?

I am only curious about this.... My intention is to measure the installed antenna with its upper loading coils in place, and then add the amount of fixed and variable base loading necessary to make the antenna resonant. I understand that this is the normal method... Is this correct?

J.