LF: VY1JA

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VY1JA
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:20:52 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi J
The antenna that you describe is similar to mine and it should work well.
My system is suspended from a tower over 100 ft high and consists of 4 inv L antennas. Each L vertical section is 100 ft with the top section of each L 400 feet long. The 4 vertical drop wires are spaced out from the top of the tower about 4 feet and converge at the bottom about the same distance out from the tower. The 4 bottom ends connect to a 0,5 mH inductor wound with litz wire, and in series to ground with a small tapped inductor for 50 ohm matching to the coax from the RX/TX
This works well for me for both TX and RX.
I tap down the large inductor to resonate the antenna for 137 khz and tap the coax up from the cold ground end of the smaller inductor for a 50 ohm match.

As an alternative RX only antenna I have a 80 metre perimiter vertical loop parallel resonated for 137 and that also works well, optimum direction E/W.
Good luck with your system and I hope to have a QSO with you soon on normal CW is possible.
73 de Mal/G3KEV/IO94SH/SCARBOROUGH