LF: Re: DI2AG 440KHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: DI2AG 440KHz
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:48:55 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Well, before sending you any reliable data, I would like to be sure that the QSB is not an artefact coming from my rig.
I'm presently using an ICOM IC738 as receiver and ARGO (by I2PHD/IK1as processing software.
The IC-738 has its own AGC working with a 400 Hz IF bandpass and ARGO has also its own software AGC which don't know exactly what the algorithm is.
So one can imagine that some other spurious signals close to 440,044 kHz (aero beacons or local QRM/QRN)  could maybe affect the DI2AG S/N ratio on the ARGO displays.
What I propose is just to send you a few ARGO snapshots (150 ko each) tonite just to show you the QSB I'm talking about.
Within the next few days, I plan to record automatically some audio files at some specific times (midday, midnight, sunrise, sunset)
Storing audio raw data will allow me to play and replay and rereplay the samples with powerful FFT tools such as Spectrum Lab.

73

Jean-Louis