LF: Who was it on 137.500 kHz today ?

To: RSGB LF Group <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Who was it on 137.500 kHz today ?
From: Wolf DL4YHF <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:57:05 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Greetings all,

When testing various digital and visible modes on 137.5 kHz today, someone called me with a rather weak signal which could hardly be seen on the spectrogram. It was not decodable due to strong local QRM and strong Loran interference. So, whoeever it was, thanks for your patience and hope to work you soon under better conditions.

Besides this, very little EU activity in any mode. A strong signal from YU7AR in the evening, but got no reply when calling in QRSS3 . One new (?) station DL4EAU in the log, Tom uses a 60 Watt transverter and a 15 m vertical, but his "provisional" rig put out a nice signal in regular CW. DI2AG on 440 kHz was very strong at times, but haven't added more screenshots to my "DI2AG report" website . The fast and deep QSB on MW is totally different from the slow QSB we see at LW .

Regards,
Wolf DL4YHF .