LF: Re: Power Line Rotation, & Auroral effects de VY1JA 4-Wire feeding

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Power Line Rotation, & Auroral effects de VY1JA 4-Wire feeding line
From: "Hans-Albrecht Haffa" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 14:56:09 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Peter,
a description with dimension tables for feeding lines with four wires is given
in our German antenna anthology:

Karl Rothammel: Das Antennenbuch now available via DARC.de Bookservice or Funkamateur.de bookservice used via ebay. It is a good method, if You want to implement low characteristical impedances, say below 250 Ohm.
55, Hans-Albrecht, DK 8 ND

[email protected] schrieb am 31.12.04 13:53:48:

> As you travel along the highway on your next trip, with someone else at
the
> wheel, watch the high-tension lines for transitions similar to the one
> described here.  Now that you know what to look for, transitions should be
> easy to spot, regardless of the line configuration.

I seem to recall a method of transposing twin transmission line conductors
for RF at regular interval using square spacers with a hole or notch in each
corner. This was done to improve the balance over a long line. I looked
through all my antenna books but was unable top find any reference to this
technique. I guess this is the same as power line transitions described by
VY1JA.

Peter, G3LDO