LF: Fw: DI2AG and other (strange) signals

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Fw: DI2AG and other (strange) signals
From: "Holger 'Geri', DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:12:27 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF-Group,

first of all a very happy New Year to all of you. I haven't been very active lately but be assured I still watch what is going on on LF and MF. I am still writing my monthly column for the German ham radio magazine FUNKAMATEUR so I try to catch news all the time.

Yes, Walter has started his test transmissions as DI2AG at midnight, January 1st, 2005. I copied his signal on 440.044 kHz imemdiately (see below). Interesting is the strong fading that goes up and down every few minutes. On 136 kHz the signal is much more consistent.

While runing Spectran 2.0 this aftrnoon with a visible range from 439.990 kHz to 440.080 kHz I saw a signal on approximately 440.002 kHz that pretty much looked like a kind of QRSS signal with a dot length of around 15 seconds, however an irregular pattern. Anybody got an idea what kind of signal this is? There are also at least two NDB signals around the same frequency but they have a constant carrier.

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

JPEG image

JPEG image