LF: Re: Power Line Rotation, & Auroral effects de VY1JA

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Power Line Rotation, & Auroral effects de VY1JA
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:44:40 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

As you travel along the highway on your next trip, with someone else at
the
wheel, watch the high-tension lines for transitions similar to the one
described here.  Now that you know what to look for, transitions should be
easy to spot, regardless of the line configuration.

I seem to recall a method of transposing twin transmission line conductors
for RF at regular interval using square spacers with a hole or notch in each
corner. This was done to improve the balance over a long line. I looked
through all my antenna books but was unable top find any reference to this
technique. I guess this is the same as power line transitions described by
VY1JA.

Peter, G3LDO