LF: Luxemburg effect (fwd)

To: RSGB LF Group <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Luxemburg effect (fwd)
From: Wolf DL4YHF <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:04:31 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Greetings all,

I received the following message from Ivan Bekey who is seeking information on the Luxemburg effect. The subject was discussed on the LF reflector in 2001, but I only found a few old the old message in my own archive. Any information to my address or directly to Ivan would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, best regards and HNY,
Wolfgang "Wolf" DL4YHF .

Wolfgang:  I am an electronics engineer in the USA, retired from 19 years at
NASA and 31 years in the aerospace industry, and very familiar with ELF
through Ka band transmission and reception, though I have never gotten
around to getting a ham license.

I am particularly interested in information on the "Luxemburg effect" and
its causes, including heterodyning and intermodulation by "bad contacts" on
the ground as well as ionospheric interactions, and the efficiency of these
processes.  I got your name by doing a Google search for the Luxemburg
effect.
Would it be possible for you to direct me to any papers, other technical
information, or people that would help me in this area?  I would greatly
appreciate it.

Sincerely

Ivan Bekey
[email protected]