LF: Bounty

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Bounty
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 19:26:13 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
    I am not a bounty hunter and would not claim any award if I happened to be the first to work a cw qso across to the USA. Whoever I work can have the two pieces of silver.
The qso should be completed within a reasonable time from the start and not a bits and pieces qso like has happened in the past, some hours, days or weeks later.
The LF business is similar to 160 metres and the qso should be conducted in the same manner. It is not a EME qso.
I am sceptical about some two way contacts that have been reported in the past. The rules were made up as they went along. I have spoken to many others engaged in LF/MF DXING and they agree with the procedures that I suggest. One station in the past in VE claiming success had his transmitting site hundreds of miles from the receiving site and it has been pointed out recently that in the past in VE the licence was issued for a site at that time and therefore using two sites invalidates the claim.
Some fair play and one set of rules should be the requirement, being first is not that important.
73 de Mal/G3KEV