LF: M0BMU mods for G0MRF 300 W Tx

To: "LF \(Rsgb LF Group\)" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: M0BMU mods for G0MRF 300 W Tx
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:44:09 -0000
Cc: "Jim Moritz \(M0BMU\)" <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Jim & LF,

I am about to carry out the M0BMU current-fed mods for the G0MRF 300 watt
class D Tx.

I have salvaged several cores from monitor flyback/line O/P transformers &
they all have an air/di-electric gap on the round leg of the core. Is this
OK or should I search for one with no gap?

Also reference the home-made "litz" wire, there are 2 descriptions during
the course of the e-mails covering the subject ie: 3 groups of 4x 0.3 mm ecw
& on the diagram 12 strands of 0.3mm ecw. Which is best/correct & how best
to make it up ie: parallel or twisted strands/groups?

If anyone is using the mod how well is it performing.

I have increased the heat sink & airflow cooling.
I have also upgraded the power supply to 40 volts - 12.5 Amps after my
recent (under-rated) power supply failure.

Regards & Thanks in anticipation.

Gary - G4WGT

Web: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor