Re: LF: 'TIL' in JASON mode...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 'TIL' in JASON mode...
From: "Scott Tilley, VE7TIL" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:17:31 -0700
Sender: [email protected]
Mike

The #8 tone (JASON has 0-16 discrete tones for a total of 17) is the tone in the center of the JASON decode passband and should be 137784.25Hz. In reality I'd say it is there within +-.1Hz as I don't have a way of disiplining it... The cycle is presently repeating in about 11 minutes. However, this is message dependant as I may add or remove message content to suit current requirements...

Thanks for the interest!

73 Scott

Quoting Mike Dennison <[email protected]>:

On 27 Oct 2004 at 12:15, Scott Tilley, VE7TIL wrote:

> 'TIL' is now sitting above the NA watering hole at 137784.25Hz sending
> JASON in a nice hole in the Loran lines.

> The format of the signal is as follows:
> > 120 second tuning tone (Jason tone #8) . . . . . Scott, What is the exact RF frequency of this tone as it could be used for DX monitoring much further away than the range of the Jason signal?

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.apersonalguide.co.uk/lf/