RE: LF: XDW

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: XDW
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 03:51:37 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Mike thanks for the report and the snap..nice conditions over the Pacific tonite

Im using two sig gens to produce the high and low, and switched via relays driven from the serial port - the low is GPS referenced (HP3336b) and probably very close to 137.77520 oh oh oh etc. Im using ricks on7yd qrs prog sending a string of C's, about a 100 mins worth, dfcw half space, 24 secs between elements, unused spaces omitted and a reapeat time of 101 mins, so only short rests between bursts of 60v circa 20amps on the supply line. Ive put a fan of the tx just to circulate the air a bit over the outboard LPF and main PA modules but its pretty cool even though we have been running +24hr on these ground/sky propagation tests within the US. I did manage to burn (flame smoke etc) out the remote RF current meter yesterday in the atu shack with too much dissipation on the termination R across the secondary of the sense coil, I knew that was going to happen sooner or later..The sig source DDS components are all here and its just time before putting it together and freeing up the sig gen hardware.

Laurence Kl1x/5