LF: xdw report

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: xdw report
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 02:28:58 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Mike ZL4OL nr Dunedin, South Island ZL RE54GG captured wd2xdw between 0800-0900Z Tuesday - this morning, 03-04 CST, or if my calcs are right thats 21-22 DST in New Zealand, so just after ZL sunset path - the distance is (appx) 13,067Kms on a bearing of 231.8T from here which is in the main lobe of the loop in Oklahoma.

At the time is was heavy rain and wind here and I was getting around 1dB variation is the "erp" as it blew and changed the tuning a wee bit. Mikes seen traces of XDW before but this has been the best so far.

Mikes grab at  http://myweb.cableone.net/flow/zlxdw.jpg

Mike rx set up is an Icom ICR75 and the antenna is an inverted L, 19 metres vertical section, 15 metres horizontal section, 3mH elevated loading at the corner of the L and the rest of the L at the base.

XDW has been coming into Brians CT1DRP's grabber for the past 4 nights but sigs have been pretty weak but visible around 0200-3Z. Saturday was, I think, the best since we started prop testing from here.

Thanks again for the reports and grabs -

Laurence KL1X/5 em26aq
FCC OET Part 5 station wd2xdw
http://myweb.cableone.net/flow