LF: RE: [LW] xdw mode change -

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: [LW] xdw mode change -
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:14:42 -0800
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]

Typo, sorry -

Freqs should read 137.77520 low and 137.77557 high - coding is now CQ repeated and on line.

Laurence
(thanks Marcus)

From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected], [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
Subject: [LW] xdw mode change -
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:10:29 -0800

WD2XDW will be going into a mark/space mode with 120 sec elements for the next day or two starting from 0100Z appx Friday if I can get the computer to behave.

The aim is to help me/others get some data on some of the odd fade/enhancement patterns we are seeing over here this past week over a few thousand mile path during daylight and nightime paths. On Argo it wil look akin to the ZL6QH signals test signals

_  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

(not too sure if that will come out via Hotmail!)

Details

Station operating +24 hours -

137.77557ish Khz High and 137.77502 low; low freq is GPS disciplined freq source, 120 sec carrier elements - spacing is wide to avoid Loran lines. Timed Spacing (tx off) between elements will be small probably less than 20 secs. This will keep the radio room warm - occaional CW id WD2XDW at 9 wpm.

Power circa 1Kw tpo, with +-34 amps of aerial current into the loop - plane ene/wsw

thanks - and if this causes a QRM problem please let me know by email - I dont bite much.

Laurence KL1X/5 em26aq
Bartlesville OK
Part 5 station status http://myweb.cableone.net/flow