LF: RSGB LF Convention / demo station.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RSGB LF Convention / demo station.
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:40:52 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 18/10/2004 12:05:45 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
Well, I lied in the title to grab your attention, but for those
that don't know, the RSGB HF Convention next weekend
includes much for those interested in 136kHz.

This includes a lecture on 136kHz propagation by Alan,
G3NYK; a Getting Started talk by me and an update on the
MB7LF remote receiver project.

Day tickets are apparently still available.

What I don't know is whether there is an LF station being
set up (Crawley club?).
Hello Mike / group.

Yes, there will be an LF demo station.

The equipment is being provided by the Crawley club - Including a " 100 foot tower" and a Decca transmitter  1kW (ish) transmitter.

As Derek G3GRO and the chaps are also setting up the HF station and performing other duties around the convention, I think I'm listed somewhere as LF station operator.
Setting up will be Friday afternoon with operation through the weekend.

I would be particually interested arranging a period of attended operation late Saturday evening, after the Gala dinner / Sunday morning to see if we can turn a few of these transatlantic reception reports into a QSO.  - ERP will be at the UK limit.   VO1NA - ??

For anyone attending the HF Convention, I will be bringing assembled and tested 136kHz pre-amps  and 3C90 toroids in 25,  42  and the large 58mm sizes.  I also have T-157 and T200 iron dust toroids in the -2 material.

Perhaps we can consider this an 'activity weekend'?

more details later

Vy 73

David   G0MRF