LF: Re: PORTADYNE

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: PORTADYNE
From: "Walter Staubach" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:24:18 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Mal and All,
         a hint about your PORTADYNE:
Let us say, the offset pin of the base is 1, and the others - clockwise - 2,3,4. The distance pin1 / 2 is 13mm, 2 / 3 is 10mm, 3 / 4 is 10mm, 4 / 1 is 13mm.
        If yes, then this is the base mostly used in the twenties and early thirties.
Often used valves were: RE 074n ( n means neutro, although a triode, it does not oszillate, when used in the hf-amplifier )
As detektor ( audion ) RE 084, first audio RE 034, speaker RE 114 or others. All types by TELEFUNKEN, VALVO had comparable types, like A408 instead of RE 084. Heater 4V battery powered ( pins 2 and 4 ). Pin 1 is anode, pin 3 is grid.
 I am sure, there are similar types by Cossor, Mullard, Ediswan and others.
I have a radio with the valves described above, built 1926 by Siemens, still working. It contains MF and LF. Two separate condensers and two knobs for tuning. And I have a french militairy low power transceiver built 1936 with the TM 2, it has the same base. The RE 084 works there, too.
73   Walter