Re: LF: wd2xdw on test

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: wd2xdw on test
From: WE0H Mike <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:03:56 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Laurence,

Rain doesn't bother the tuning on a TX loop like it does on a vertical. Only wind will make the tuning move around but still not too bad. Nice to hear another fellow looper. Try #8 THHN wire for your loop as it will increase the current quite a bit over #14 wire. Still with 5a of loop current, you should get a signal all over NA. I ran .7a of loop current and could get over 1000 miles with QRSS-30 on a #12 loop.

--
Mike
WE0H

Laurence KL1X wrote:

Part 5 WD2XDW is testing as XDW qrss 30 with CW ID at beginning at 6 wpm on 137.7750. Tx power is 80 W input with about 5A Aerial current into the E/W loop for the moment. The loop is I think 14 gauge stranded with a circum of around 300 ft - so we can improve there I think.

Tx is G0MRF 300Watter driven by W@G PS30 at twice Fo using On7YD QRSS software

Conditions started more poorly and I havent seen dcf39 yet...

Ill leave the tx up all night and hope it doesnt rain!

Laurence
em26aq